Still in it's infancy...

The Excitable boy is as succinct an observation on the world from an American Musician as can be expected, but hopefully with some things that you won't expect at all.

Friday, August 13, 2010

On Right Now and What Will Be

I'm sipping my cup of coffee after a long day on my feet in my boots. My lower back aches from the hard book that I tuck into the back of my pants during my shift. This holds all the necessary receipts and cash that I will use on my shift. It also serves to force my posture to maintain and keep my attention and alertness. My father is on his way to pick me up. He's hesitant to come into the city for reasons unknown. I guess he's nervous because he has yet to pack for his trip with my younger brother to Maui.

My brother's flight gets in an hour from now. The reason I was able to talk my father into seeing me for the first time in two months was so that he could get his amp back out of my rehearsal space. This accomplishes two things. One, he can have his amp back without worrying about it while I'm on my trip to London, which begins in three days. And two, I get to see my younger brother for a grand total of twenty minutes from the time we meet him with his bag at the terminal to when my father drops me off a train ride away from where I'm staying tonight.

My reflection on the events reveal I'm really just glad to see my younger brother before I head off on this great adventure. There's a whole lot going on. Some things are going down. I'm going to find out what's up. A reason for all of it is just around the corner. I can feel the importance of now in every breath drawn into my lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment