Still in it's infancy...

The Excitable boy is as succinct an observation on the world from an American Musician as can be expected, but hopefully with some things that you won't expect at all.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

An E-mail to my Mom

Hey Ma,

Made it in to Heathrow and Julia's place just fine. Flights were OK, long and cramped. But I'm a pretty good traveller, so it was almost without incident. Julia is wonderful. I was pretty tired after almost 2 days with little to no sleep. So we got in, made a cocktail, then went to bed. It was lovely. She cried out of happiness.

Her flat is great. A little kitchen with a mini fridge (I guess that's pretty standard for over here) and a washer/dryer under the opposite counter. A living room that gets sun in the evenings and the bedroom gets sun through the trees in the morning. All of the houses are older than anything we've got in America. There's vines growing outside of her bedroom window, which overlooks the backyard, which she calls a garden. Apparently, there's a mangy London fox that resides there. She's seen it twice in two days.

We're just getting up and going now. I am excited and jet lagged, so I'm just doing everything in my power to not be annoying. Julia's in the shower now. I'm in next and then its off to my first day in London. The world is at our fingertips and now all we have to do is reach a little further and take hold of what we want, right?

Love you,

Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment